Should You DIY Or Hire A House Painting Contractor?
Painting is a fairly straightforward job that increases the overall value and curb appeal of your property. In fact, house painting is a great investment if you wish to present your property in the best light possible before listing on the market. One of the biggest mistakes homeowners make is to take a DIY approach to painting and ignore the benefits that only professional house painting contractors can offer.
Why Do People DIY Painting Projects?
Arguably, the prep work and expertise involved in creating a flawless finish when painting a property requires many years of skill and experience. Yet plenty throw caution to the wind and undertake painting as a weekend DIY project. Why do they do it?
-Paint is fairly cheap on the whole. Decent paint is quite affordable for the average homeowner, and if you’re okay with cutting corners, all the tools you need are a ladder, paint tray, applicator and some masking tape.
-Painting is the most seemingly approachable project. For the majority of homeowners, it’s an intuitive process on the surface unlike plumbing or electrical wiring.
-Everyone does it, whether it makes sense or not. You’ve probably been in contact with a handful of people that have taken on an interior painting job at one time or another.
If it all makes sense, why bother with a painting contractor?
- You don’t have to be the one to do the work. It may seem rather obvious in hindsight, but painting requires hours of prep work and endless patience. Unless you have nothing else scheduled, chances are, it will take longer than anticipated.
- Painting isn’t generally seen as a dangerous job, but it could be given certain conditions. For example, climbing a ladder to great heights can increase your chances of falling, and paint fumes can exacerbate allergies or chronic lung conditions.
- Your chosen painting contractor can help with the disposal of old materials. In example, removing old wallpaper leaves behind a mess and a large pile of waste that’s hard to dispose of. Your contractor, on the other hand, will dispose of everything in the most environmentally conscious way possible.
- You can avoid the major mess and leave the prep work up to someone else. Painting is a time-consuming and often daunting task that requires the removal of heavy furnishings and artwork. By hiring someone to do the job for you, you can relax and leave the messy parts of the process for someone else to handle.
- There’s an art to choosing the ideal paint for any job, but do you know what it is? Chances are, you just go by price, but there’s so much more to consider. Ranging from the color choices to the finishes to the overall brand, a professional can help you choose.
Getting your home painted by professional Houston painters is an important investment just like any other. Working together with the right contractor saves you time, money and provides an efficient way to finish the project. More importantly, you will get a finish you can be proud of!